The Marriageable Age - Part 2

Just imagine, you meet/call some friend whom you have not talked to in a few months – and somewhere in the conversation, when the ‘Aur suna?’  moment arrives, instead of asking ‘Aur Suna?’ he asks you – ‘Aur shaadi kab kar raha hai?’ (When are you getting married?). Yeah, that’s when you realize, the time has probably arrived to bite the bullet and take the plunge.

P.S. – Yes, this is as close you get to how an anti-climax would be for this post. The idea was not to end it this way, but as always I decided to play/write safe :-/
Sometimes, weird thoughts do come to your mind about how things would be when you finally do get married. I can’t take responsibility of myself, how can I even think of marrying someone and take her responsibility as well? But, then I think about it – I also used to wonder “Why would anyone ever pay me to work for them?” when I was in college.

The thing that worries me the most about getting married late is, that all my friends would be married  at the time I get married and then who would dance in my Baraat the way I danced in theirs? LOL :D!!
All of them would come to my wedding with their better halves (and maybe kids too), get on the stage, shake hands, smile for the Camera, have their Dinner (Yeah! Lunch in my case of a Sikh wedding!) and go back. I doubt there would be a car in the parking lot with an open Boot and that bottle of Scotch kept in there. Would they dance like maniacs to the beats of the Dhol after having those shots of Whisky (yeah, you read it right .. shots of whisky)?

I don’t know how things would be when I finally do get married, I do have some apprehensions about the way things might turn out, I know things would change over time, I know at some point of time you may need permission to drink Beer on a weekday(I know, I have high hopes of not needing permission on weekends) , watching Balika Vadhu may take precedence over watching India play Australia … but then again, I have been proved wrong many a number of times and I would gladly like to be proved wrong again.

And, No, I am not waiting for you Married people to tell me how awfully right the ‘7-Year-Hitch’ law is.
Have a happy Married Life everyone!

Comments

  1. Lol :) Your post is hilarious :) And YES u will be proved wrong with your preset notions about tying the knot :) aur haan as I always say...you are good at anything new :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way that was Anusha :)

      Delete
    2. Thnx Anusha! I am wondering what u meant when u said "anything new" :D

      Delete
    3. Couldn't go thru part 1..but this one is too good.

      Delete
    4. Ashu - :D .. i think it struck a chord somewhere. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted to IC !

Delhi - Gurgaon and the usual!

Yes ... Chabbi Janvary again :)