One Year! - Part 4 (The Early days at Mysore)

Oh…yes, first day at my first (err .. second) job. The first few days are supposed to be induction, and many people had told me that we can enjoy this wonderful campus only in these first few days, later these people wouldn’t give us time to even meet your room mate (and they were right.. to an extent).

The horror stories had started pouring in even before the ‘actual’ training started. I met Mehtab (another school mate of mine) in Mysore, and he told me that he had not slept for the past three days , and Combiflam and Black Coffee were his food and water for that time. :O . He had his ‘compre’ on the day I joined. Now, for those who are wondering what this ‘compre’ is, it is the short for Comprehensive Exam. This ‘compre’ is the same like the final exam, where the entire syllabus comes in the paper. I was scared to say the least! He had stories about people fainting during the exam, exit from the company for failing to clear the module exams (something like the sessionals/minors in B. Tech). I was scared even before the training had begun.

On the 3rd day all of us were shifted to the Hostels inside the campus from the Hotels in the city. I luckily (or unluckily as I later found out) got a room in the new hostel block, and to my surprise it was not on sharing basis . I got an independent room and the room was beautiful to say the least, with an Air-Conditioner, LCD TV , Sofa, Study table (duh .. !) :D . I was excited, and for a moment it felt that I was in some sort of a five star resort :D , with swmming pool, tennis courts, Multiplex, a building which resembled the White House, another one which can not be called a building if looked from the outside (SDB 4) and what not !:O All this was slowly beginning to sink in. Nearly 18 months back I had got a hard kick in the ass from this very company and here I was in Mysore, one of the best campus Infosys, or for that matter any company in India, has got! (Boasting .. )

In the second week began the technical training, before that we had a English test and I manage to clear that :D and that meant that most of the people had to com to office on Saturday, I had an off :D , and I was happy about it ! The first module was , PST (Problem Solving Techniques) , it was a non evaluative module, so there was not much to worry about. I entered the training room, and searched for my seat and went and sat there patiently waiting for the session to begin. Sitting around me were all new faces, none of whom I saw during the induction period. I had to start it all over again, all those with whom I had made some friendship during the one week of induction or whom I knew before coming to Mysore were in different training rooms. It was a new beginning … but who knew that it wasn’t the only new beginning I would have to make here, there were plenty more in the offing.

Next to me was sitting a girl called Puspita, and on the other side was Puneet Mishra, I started with a basic introduction with both of them :) The training started and slowly I came to know other people around also, Pratik, Shah ji(Pratik Jagdishchandra Shah), Chatur(Nitin Chaturwedi), Mishra ji(Nitin Mishra), Preenam, Nitika, Pulkit and a few more. We all made a small group of ours. Slowly I started gelling into the new environment and getting used to the new things around me!

Next in line was the ‘real’ thing for which I was here :O … technical training :O

to be continued …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted to IC !

Delhi - Gurgaon and the usual!

Yes ... Chabbi Janvary again :)