The Placement Story- 4 of 7

Now, the summer holidays had begun…. these weren’t exactly holidays for me… but fr d ones who had been placed, these wer to be d best holidays of there 4 rs… atleast this ws wat I thot. At IMS almost everybody around me hd been placed, n they wer all told to concentrate solely on CAT preparations. I ju said to myself dat, once dis placement stuff gets over, I wud then think about CAT. Slowly, d depression of accenture faded away. All around I cud see stuff, which I never thot I wud see. I don’t kno if it was jus my imagination… bt somhing hd changed, a lot had changed. Ppl had changed, ofcourse it doesn’t goes fr all of the ppl who h been placed. It all taught me a lesson… hw to behave when som ppl around u r nt goin thru d best of times… n how not to!!! I sincerely hope, it was all my imagination… n now I think it really ws my imagination, I HOPE I AM RIGHT. Then there wer som over generous ppl, jus trying to show dat they care… the inferiority complex ws starting to creep in now, it really was. I may say anything here, bt one truth ws dat I still wasn’t studying… even though I knew I had to, there wer no two ways about it. There wer som frnz, whom I tried to cheer up, even though I wsnt in d best of moods myself…. I tried to put up a smile on my face, when I ws feeling d pain deep inside me too of nt getting thru. The next company to come was to be Birla Soft…. at NIEC shahdra….left home dat day very early, somehow managed to reach there on time… slowly d strength of ppl comin to give d exams ws reducing….. n after seeing d numbers getting lesser, d inferiority complex started to grow again… only a select few hd remained now. After d written results wer announced, only a select few hd got thru the written round, Nasir ws one of them. I dint get thru d written. This time around, I may say the disappointment wasn’t that much, if I compare it wid wat it ws after sapient n accenture. When I reached home, mom asked abt d result n I said “NAHI HUA, WRITTEN MEIN BAHAR”, n then she said “KOI BAAT NAHI, ABHI TO AUR BAHUT AAYENGI”… later in d evening I gt d news dat Nasir couldn’t clear d GD…. I ws seriously disappointed fr Nasir, he deserved better… I cud hv been placed in d undeserving list, but certainly not Nasir, he ws much more deserving than many who had gt placed. I dnt kno if Nasir rmbrs it, bt dat day in d evening while talking wid him, I tried to cheer him up n showed him a ray of hope… I told him dat MBT ws still to come n it hd one of d best package to offer…. n also infosys ws still to come. In between all this placement stuff, my summer training ws also going on at SBI wid amitesh n lokender… I tried to take heart from d fact dat Birla Soft dint took any of the students, it was sort of a thing which I used as a shield, to protet myself frm the failure which came my way… I tried to run away from the reality dat I WAS NOT SELECTED, n it was infact another faliure The next company to come was I-Flex at agrasen… on 11th june. After giving the written exam in d morning, we waited for d result of d written till afternoon, meanwhile we started doing wat we wer starting to make a habit of…… clicking pictures in every placement ppr. Later dat evening , the results of d written ws announced…. my name ws yet again in the familiar territory, in the rejected lis…. So ws d name of several others…… barring three from our class.. vishal , nasir n ankit. Rohit n pradeep’s name ws not in the rejected list nor the selected one.. they had to wait for another day n go to agrasen again the next day. Finally they wer told dat they wer not selected… at d same time the results of the interviews wer also announced of nasir , vishal n ankit ….. none had managed to clear d interviews…. Nasir again had faltered in d interview….. he had managed to clear almost all the written pprs, bt had faltered at d interviews… due to sheer bad luck if nt anything else… n m sure it ws nothing more than that. His time, after listening to my name in d rejected list, n of several others… the disappointment ws there to be seen on d faces of everyone, bt all tried to put on dat fake smile on their face n just shouted… AGLI KAB HAI YAAR. While going home dat night, after d result of I-flex……. Somehow d mood dipped again, bt again d disappointment ws tere, bt I tried to hide myself behind d reason dat, agrasen ppl hd cheated …. They hd cleared almost evry1 frm their clg, n failed d rest!!!! Or may be it ws jus my imagination, jus trying to find an excuse for another failure… bt the truth ws dat I had been REJECTED again… the rejection tag ws starting to stick on me… wen I reached home, dad asked abt d result n I said “NAHI HUA, WRITTEN MEIN BAHAR”….. n then dad said, “ KOI BAAT NAHI”.. mom ws nt at home that day.. she dint enquire abt d result… as she knew dat hd I cleared, then I must hv told her it by myself. Wen dad asked abt d result, I took shade behind d reason dat agrasen ppl cheated, n wasn’t d only one to be rejected and they had selected only a few ppl…. Now I think dat I ws wrong, I ws afraid to face failure, dats y I looked fr excuses!!! Then the wait fr d next company began….. allt his time wat happened ws, chatting on msngr wid frnz, laughin wid each other, wid evry1 trying hard to put a smile on their face n nt showing d disappointment……. training ws goin on as usual. Sometimes we chatted wid each other… trying to buck up each other, n jus trying to tell ourselves dat, “U WONT KNO D MEANING OF BLISS, IF U NEVER KNEW WAT SORROW WAS”… n I ws jus telling myself dat… “HAPPINESS IS D KEY TO SUCCESS, ITS NOT D OTHER WAY ROUND”…. Till now no more placements had taken place in my frnd circle… bt dis time at I-Flex Avnit got placed in I-Flex(agrasen dude)…. now after seeing dat quite a few around me had been placed, mom once even told me dat “PEHLI MUJHE TERI KOI TENSION NAHI THI, MAGAR AB THODI BAHUT HO RAHI HAI….. SAARON KI HO GAYI HAI PLACEMENT, TU REH GAYA” then she added.. “KOI BAAT NAHI, ABHI TO TUMHARI CLASS K BHI BAHUT REHTE HAIN…… SABKI HO JAYEGI”…. sometimes jus to give her some satisfaction I used to tell her dat companies keep coming on till the final semester n I ws still in d 6th semester… so there ws plenty much time left, n moreover I cud also apply from outside d clg to different companies…. Bt somewhere deep inside me I knew, dat I ws jus trying to relieve her of some tension , nothing more… Now, negative thots hd started coming inside my mind… I once told amitesh dat “during the summer holidays most of our group, almost all, wud be placed…. the ones who wer left now wil b placed in infosys… n I will b d only one left unplaced” ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted to IC !

Delhi - Gurgaon and the usual!

Yes ... Chabbi Janvary again :)